How cute are these waffle cupcakes? If the crushed walnuts didn’t hook you, the mini Eggo will! This cupcake is the perfect excuse to have dessert for breakfast. A perfect creation for your next party or hosted brunch.
Do you want to make these cupcakes? They are really easy to make with boxed cake mix or from scratch! We used boxed cake mix and substituted butter in for oil. So the recipe below will reflect that. However, all you need to do to your vanilla cake mix from scratch is add cinnamon! And frosting? I recommend butter cream because what do you put on hot waffles before syrup? Butter!
- Favorite boxed cake mix and ingredients (or from scratch)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Mini Eggo Waffles
- Butter cream frosting
- Crushed walnuts
- Prepare your boxed or from scratch cake mix.
- Add 2 tsp of cinnamon to the mix.
- Bake cupcakes (following box directions).
- Once done, let cupcakes cool completely.
- Crush up walnuts.
- Frost cupcakes and sprinkle crushed walnuts on top.
- Cook a mini Eggo waffle, cut in half, and place on top of the cupcake.
- Drizzle some syrup (optional) over the cupcake and waffle.