Need a healthier alternative to a delicious summer favorite? We found this Twisted Key Lime Pie recipe on Run Hard Eat Clean. So we decided to make some, with some changes. For the original recipe refer to the link above.
Even though the Twisted Key Lime Pie is made from avocados, it tastes like a key lime pie. There is an avocado taste, so if you’re like Fatima and hate all things avocado, you won’t like it. Key Lime Pie is a staple in Key West. We had some delicious slices of Key Lime Pie while we were down there.
Twisted Key Lime Pie
- 1 pack of cinnamon graham crackers
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 Avocados
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the crust, crush up graham crackers and add in the melted butter. Stir.
- Press buttery crackers into a mini muffin pan – should fill 18 spots.
- Place pans in the oven for 5 mins to bake the crust a little. Remove and let cool.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients together and add filling to the mini muffin tins. Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- When you want to eat the mini Twisted Key Lime Pies, remove from the freezer and let them sit for a few minutes to thaw.