Love the taste of a good chicken parm? Looking for a more healthier and fun option for your next dinner party? Try these deeeeeelicious, melt-in-your-mouth Turkey Parm Meatballs!
You can substitute any ground meat you want, we decided to go with turkey meat because it’s low in fat, leaner, and packed with more protein.
Turkey Parm Meatballs
- 20 oz pounds ground turkey (or chicken, or beef)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Dash of salt
- Dash of pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 14 oz pasta sauce
- 5 slices of mozzarella cheese (cut into quarters)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, using your hands, mix everything together (except the olive oil, pasta sauce, and mozzarella). Use your hands for faster integration.
- In a small bowl, mix one spoonful of your pasta sauce with olive oil.
- Roll the mixture into balls (we were able to make 20 golfball-sized balls) and place them on a cookie sheet.
- Brush the pasta sauce mixture on top of each meatball. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove meatballs from oven, dab sauce on top of each meatball and then cover with a quarter square of cheese.
- Broil the balls for 3 to 5 minutes until cheese is golden and bubbling.
- Enjoy these as a sandwich, on their own, with pasta, etc! They will just melt in your mouth.