For this lovely appetizer, I’ve taken my turkey burger recipe and created turkey meatballs. I know how original?, but they taste delicious! We use this recipe for everything. I love how moist the meatballs are when they come out of the oven. They are perfect. Let’s get cookin!
We’ve been using turkey meat for just about all of our meals. Bacon, chili, tacos, you name it. We tried making these meatballs with 99% lean meat. They came out way too dry. Maybe the secret is to use 2 eggs? Not sure what would have made them more juicy. However, 93% lean meat tastes just as great and you won’t go back to beef meatballs after these.
- 1.1 lbs of ground turkey meat (93% lean meat preferred)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Roll up the meat and place on a cookie sheet. I get about 16 large meatballs.
- Place in the oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the outsides are golden brown and the pink on the inside has turned grayish.