When the weather outside gets frightful and the temperature inside is delightful, since there’s no place to go, let us drink, let us drink, let us drink. The Bourbon Blizzard is yummy concoction full of cranberry and minty flavors. This is a great cocktail to serve at any party you’re hosting. For the original recipe head here. To make it easy to measure, we put everything in terms of “shot glasses” for one drink.
This recipe calls for simple syrup. You can boil water and mix one part water and two parts sugar, or you can just shake up water and sugar and get the same effect – that’s what we did. For simple syrup, just mix one part water and two parts sugar (aka two shot glasses of sugar and one shot glass of water).
The Bourbon Blizzard
- 1/4 shot glass of lemon juice
- 1/2 shot glass of simple syrup
- 1/2 shot glass of cranberry juice
- 1 shot glass of bourbon
- 3 mint leaves; divided into 2:1
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add all ingredients above (and one mint leaf).
- Shake the hell out of it.
- Pour into high ball glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish with remaining 2 mint leaves.