I LOVE sweet potato fries. Yum, yum, yum! I could eat sweet potato fries with every meal.
For example, here’s my Lobster Roll dinner with a side of sweet potato fries from my favorite restaurant on Lake Winnipesaukee, Town Docks. Do you see the sweet potato fries behind the mounds of lobster?
What’s great about this recipe, is it’s easy, budget-friendly, and delicious. Once the fries come out of the oil, sprinkle a little sea salt (table salt will do just fine) over them and let them cool off a bit. But make sure to enjoy them warm! I may or may not have left any for Fatima…
Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 Large Sweet Potato
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Peeling your potato and cut it up into sticks. We got about 4 handfuls of “normal” fries out of the potato.
- Let the sticks sit in a bowl of cold water for about 30 minutes.
- Heat up your oil.
- Place fries in the heated oil for about 10 minutes.
- Once they turn golden brown, take them out and lay on a paper towel. Repeat until all fries are done.
- Sprinkle salt over the fries for taste.