Used as an appetizer or a side, stuffed peppers have filled up tummies for years. For your Super Bowl Party, whip up a few of these tasty delights for your guests. Hearty, warm, healthy, and flavorful!
- 2 cups ground turkey
- 2 Slices Cheese per pepper (Any kind you like)
- Large Red Bell Peppers
- 1 Medium Shallot
- 1/2 cup Chopped spinach
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil
- Salt, Pepper, garlic and other seasonings to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your pepper in half lengthwise, carve out the inside.
- Slice shallot and saute over medium heat with butter, olive oil, a little salt and pepper, and seasoning. I used a roasted garlic and red pepper seasoning (just a pinch). About 15 minutes.
- Cook ground turkey on the stove for about 20 mins. I bought 16oz of turkey, giving me LOTS of turkey to use, so I upped some of my ingredients above.
- Saute spinach for about 10 mins.
- Combine turkey, shallot and turkey.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of cheese. Stuff it everywhere; corners, crevices, nooks.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing – with my 16oz of turkey, you’ll be able to fill 10 half peppers easily.
- Top pepper with another slice of cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and 5 mins under broil until the cheese is golden brown and bubbling.
- Let cool for a few minutes and serve.