Steak and cheese goes together like peanut butter and jelly. Anyone and everyone that knows me know my love for cheese as well as my struggles with the fact I’m lactose intolerant. But in the face of adversary I overcome my struggles and just remember to take my Lactaid pill before I eat anything dairy.
This steak and cheese is not be confused with a Philly cheese steak. I know how touchy people get with false claims of a cheese and steak as a “Philly cheese steak”. Instead this is an easy recipe for those who want something quick and delicious.
Steak and Cheese
- 1 pound of Flank Steak
- 1 small white onion
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp of Garlic powder
- 2 sub-rolls
- 1 tsp of flour
- Salt and pepper for taste
- Cut steak in 1 inch long strips and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Cut onion in long strip and set aside.
- Place oil in a medium pan and heat on medium high heat.
- Once hot, place onion in pan and cook until translucent.
- Place meat in the pan and cook until cooked to you through.
- While meat is cooking preheat oven to 350 degrees and place on broil.
- Remove meat and onion from the pan and add tsp of flour to thicken juices in pan, stirring continuously.
- Add meat and onion back into pan and combine.
- Place meat mixture onto 2 rolls and place cheese on top.
- Place rolls on to a cookie sheet and place on the top rack of the oven to broil for about 1 minute. Keep a close eye on the rolls because it’s very easy to burn when oven broil.
- Once cheese is melted take out and let cool.