Today was hot…rather, IS STILL HOT! A great day to try a spicy dish…I made a cajun-spiced chicken stuffed with spinach and pepper jack cheese…yum!
- Skinless chicken breasts (Took 3 breasts and cut them in half)
- Half a block of Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 box of frozen, chopped spinach
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tbsp breadcrumbs or oatmeal (Used oatmeal)
- Sea salt or pink sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut and flatten the chicken to 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pepper jack cheese, spinach, salt and pepper.
- Combine the Cajun seasoning and breadcrumbs together in a small bowl.
- Spoon about 1/4 c of the spinach mixture onto each chicken breast. Roll each chicken breast tightly and fasten with toothpicks.
- Brush each chicken breast with the vegetable oil. Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mixture evenly over all. Sprinkle any remaining spinach and cheese on top of chicken (optional).
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Sides: Shrimp and Snap Peas…
Accompanied by some MarquisRitas…cheers!