We had cereal and marshmallows left over from our Camp Fire Chex Mix and decided to make another treat! I didn’t know what else to do with the leftover marshmallows other than make Rice Krispie Treats. However, we only had Chex and Golden Grahams cereal. So, we pulled together a s’mores version of a Rice Krispie Treat. If you love s’mores and that Chex mix we made, then you’ll love these Camp Fire Treats.
I’m the sweet tooth. You can’t leave anything sweet in our apartment or I’ll eat it right up. Those Entenmann’s cookies we used in our DIY Chalk Paint Makeover were devoured in two days. Fatima however, did not develop a sweet tooth. She can only have a bite of dessert before it becomes too much to eat. Although, there are a handful of sweet treats she does love. One of those are Rice Krispie Treats. I knew if I made something similar, she’d eat them right up. And she did.
When I was looking for the Rice Krispie Treat recipe, I prayed I had enough marshmallows. Sure enough, I had exactly 4 cups of miniature marshmallows left over. I love when things work out like that! Check out the recipe below and let us know your thoughts.
S'mores Camp Fire Treats
Adapted from: Kellogg’s Rice Krispie Treats
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 1/2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat.
- Stir in marshmallows until melted.
- Remove the butter-marshmallow mixture from heat.
- Add Chex and Golden Grahams cereal and gently stir until evenly coated.
- Add chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed. Some of them may start to melt since the pot will be warm, but that’s ok!
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Dump the cereal-marshmallow mixture into the pan.
- Use a spatula to press the mixture evenly into the pan.
- Let cool or move to fridge to firm.
- Cut into squares.
- Eat ’em up!