This weekend, fire up the grill, heat up some oil and serve up some sliders and sweet potato fries. Sliders are the must have finger food at your picnic this summer, especially when they are made with healthier ingredients. And sweet potato fries, who doesn’t love them?!
This meal is really easy to make. Once you have the meat mixed and patties formed, it’ll take about 6-8 mins per side to cook the mini burgers. Once the sweet potato is cut up, soak in cold water for about 30 mins. Once the oil is heated up, drop the sweet potato pieces into the pot and they’ll cook in about 15 mins (or just before they start turning brown).
Sliders and Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small box of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 egg
- 1lb ground turkey
- Pinch of basil
- Pinch of oregano
- 2 sweet potatoes
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Mix bread crumbs through oregano in a medium bowl until all ingredients are combined.
- Form raw meat into patties, sized to your bread. We were able to get 10 patties.
- Cook on a skillet over medium heat. Will take about 6 mins per side to cook through.
- Place cheese on top to melt (if you prefer).
- Set aside.
- Take cut sweet potato sticks out of the water.
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Place fries in oil and cook just before they turn brown, remove from oil.
- Serve all warm, enjoy!