What’s better then cuddling up to your fireplace on a cold winter’s night? A cup of homemade hot chocolate. My favorite time to grab a cup is after a few hours shoveling or playing outside in the snow. I found this recipe on Pinterest, and you know how much I love chocolate, so I thought I’d give it a try. This recipe makes a thick, creamy, and chocolatey drink, so if you really love chocolate hop on board and let’s make some hot chocolate – if you don’t, then add some more milk…
Rich ‘N’ Thick Hot Chocolate
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 cups milk
- 2 dark chocolate bars, chopped
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Whipped cream
- Whisk cornstarch and 1/2 cup milk until smooth. Cornstarch can be very chunky, so be sure to whisk it really well!
- Cook remaining milk (3 1/2 cups) in a large pot over medium heat (about 4 minutes; avoid boiling)
- Whisk in chocolate, honey, vanilla extract, and salt until blended and smooth. Whisk in cornstarch mixture.
- Bring milk mixture to a light boil, whisking frequently (about 4-6 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and let it cool slightly. (Mixture will thicken as it cools, so don’t be alarmed if it’s looking a little watery.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream or marshmallows – mandatory ingredients.