Day 2! And you guessed it…MORE PUMPKIN! We found this recipe while stumbling along Pinterest and knew that we had to try them. Just want to give you a heads up, this recipe will take some time to make, so be sure to plan ahead!
And the best way to use a mini muffin tin, besides mini cinnamon rolls? Pumpkin donut holes! aka: Pumpkin Poppers.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pumpkin Spice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup canned plain pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
Cinnamon Sugar Coating:
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven 350°F. Spray each cup of the mini muffin tin with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and Pumpkin Spice (we used this rather than all of those other spices they call for because let’s be real – we’re not paying $7 for one thing of spice when it calls for 4 different spices.
- In a separate, large bowl whisk together oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk until smooth. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the muffins bake, melt butter in one bowl and combine granulated sugar and cinnamon in another bowl.
- Remove muffins from oven and cool for 2 minutes, or until just cool enough to handle. Dip each muffin in melted butter, then roll in cinnamon sugar to coat. Try not to keep the poppers in the butter too long because it’ll soak through and get all soggy.
ENJOY THESE DELICIOUS DONUTS!