Heavenly. I have no words to describe these delicious pumpkin bread cupcakes, other than heavenly. O.M.G!
When deciding to make a pumpkin cupcake, I didn’t want to make a light, spice cake cupcake. I wanted a heavier cupcake, so I used a pumpkin bread recipe. The cream cheese frosting is very basic recipe, but does the trick. It’s light, moist, and not too sweet – a great pairing to the heavy pumpkin bread.
When you feed these pumpkin bread cupcakes to your friends, family, and party guests will cry for more. So make a ton 😉
Pumpkin Bread Cupcakes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups shredded fresh pumpkin
- 1 stick softened butter
- 4oz cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- You’ll want to mix all ingredients (flour through pumpkin) in a large mixing bowl. Add additional spices if needed.
- Fill cupcake pans with batter.
- Place in the oven for about 18-20 minutes (or until your knife comes out clean). When it’s done, take out and let it cool off on wire racks.
- To make the frosting, combine butter and cream cheese in a small bowl until creamy. Add in the sugar and vanilla and mix until all combined.
- Frost cupcakes once they are cooled off.