Hi! My name is Colleen, Brian’s much younger sister. He asked me to write up a post about my delicious pulled pork pockets to share with the world.
I saw this recipe on TV one day and it showed it with chicken (which you can also use). But I decided to use pulled pork. I cooked the pulled pork the night before in my favorite BBQ sauce and used Pillsbury crescent rolls.
I first made these pockets on Thanksgiving before playing a game of flag football with my family. We won! This made think ahead to Super Bowl weekend and what a great appetizer they would make!
Pulled Pork Pockets
- Pulled Pork Roast
- BBQ Sauce (May I offer a homemade recipe?)
- Crescent Rolls
- Best to do the night before: Set your pork roast in the crock pot with BBQ sauce and cook until it falls apart!
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Open crescent rolls and lay out the triangles.
- For smaller appetizers, cut each crescent roll in two. For bigger size appetizers separate each roll onto a clean surface.
- Scoop a tablespoon size (bigger rolls) of pulled pork onto crescent dough. Scoop a 1/2 a tablespoon size (smaller rolls) of pulled pork and put onto crescent dough.
- Roll up each crescent dough with pork inside.
- After rolling each crescent dough place all on baking sheet and put into the oven.
- Let them bake for 9-11minutes (Rolls will be golden brown).
- You can serve by itself or change up the BBQ sauce with another sauce of your choosing!