One night at Stephanie’s house we made some shrimp paninis, watched an episode of CSI featuring Sqweegel, and got a little twisted. This panini idea was hers, so I give her all the credit. This was a quick and easy dinner idea, especially if you were craving some seafood. Oh yeah, she also runs this blog called Pop! Goes My Culture, so head on over there to get your Matt Bomer fix…after you read this post 🙂
Ingredients For 1 Serving:
- 2 tortillas
- 1/4 tomato
- 1/2 cup of basil feta cheese
- Dash of olive oil
- 5-7 Shrimp
- Large leaf of lettuce
We were craving a good drink with dinner, so we drove down to the closest liquor store expecting to bring back some Arbor Mist, but instead found “Twisted Tea.” It looked good and we wanted to try something new. Before consuming, we looked at the label and laughed at the 5% alcohol content. Little did we know that half way through the bottle we were feeling good. Don’t underestimate any drink – LOL
- Cook your shrimp. There are many ways to do this, but the most common is to boil them until they turn pink.
- While the shrimp is cooking, turn on your panini maker – or in our case the quesadilla maker…
- Cut and dice your tomato.
- Mix together your feta cheese, shrimp, olive oil, and diced tomatoes.
- Lay one tortilla on the panini maker, add your lettuce, spread your shrimp mixture, and top with the 2nd tortilla
- Close the panini maker and wait for the light to change to tell you it’s done – then be sure to carefully remove!