Who doesn’t love a good baked potato? I made this last week when I was on my cleanse. A god send. Lightly salted, buttered, and fluffy – what more could you ask for?
Rubbing butter and salting the potato is key. The skin will be crunchy, and will be a nice contrast to the fluffy inside.
- Russet or Idaho potato
- Some butter or olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke the potato with a fork or something sharp a few times on each side.
- Brush olive oil or butter over the outside of the potato and rub salt over it.
- Place it right on the rack and bake for 45 minutes or until tender. Place a cookie sheet underneath it – the butter/oil will drip.
- Remove your potato from the oven.
- Slice the top with a sharp knife.
- Pinch the ends of the potato. It’ll pop open from the fluffy white interior from the skin.