One of my favorite flavors, as you are well aware, is peanut butter. What better way to celebrate the holidays than to mix peanut butter and chocolate? They are really easy to make *cue eye rolls* trust me, they are! Remember when I tried making those pumpkin truffles? I warned you. All you’ll need is a bag of peanut butter mix, and Hershey Kisses. The majority of your time will be unwrapping the Hershey Kisses. These delicious delectables were created in 1957 when Freda Smith in Ohio pressed a Hershey Kiss into a peanut butter cookie for a Pillsbury bake-off contest. Unfortunately, it didn’t win but history was made. We make these at least once during the holidays, and are always popping up at parties year after year. Unless you’re allergic to peanut butter or hate chocolate (yes some people do!) these make a quick and easy treat to enjoy at your next party.
- 1 small bag of Hershey Kisses
- 1 Package of peanut butter cookie mix (Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, etc…)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- Heat your oven according to your package or recipe directions.
- Follow the directions for making the dough on the back of your packaged peanut butter cookie mix or follow a recipe from scratch.
- Pour the 1/4 cup of sugar into a cereal-sized bowl.
- Take a piece a dough, a little bigger than a tablespoon, and roll into a ball.
- Roll around in sugar until the outside of the ball is coated.
- Place balls onto a cookie sheet and bake – following the directions.
- While the cookies are baking, unwrap Hershey Kisses.
- When the cookies are done, push unwrapped kisses into the center of the balls.
- Remove to a wire rack for cooling and repeat steps 4-9 until all of your dough is gone!