Hi Lilies and Loafers fans!
I’m Becca and am so psyched to be guest blogging today. Quick about me: I live in Brooklyn with two roommates, work in PR, love Puerto Rico, have a tattoo, went to Iceland, am going to Thailand, have a cat named Chap and when asked what hashtag I’m most likely to use, the answer is: #catlady.
All that being said, I do also like to bake. I’m not fancy, I follow recipes and am not good with measuring, but when I can do it, love to try some new things. Many of it Pinspired of course!
I took a few weeks off in between my most recent jobs and went to town with these Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Very simple: 1 Oreo folded into what would make 1 chocolate chip cookie.
Before you follow the pretty simple directions, I’d like to flag a few things for you – aspects that I’d change for the next batch, rather.
- Use YOUR favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I followed this one and just wasn’t pleased with the sweetness/texture. I prefer the recipe from the back of a Wegmans chocolate chip cookie bag.
- This may go without saying, but CHOOSE the amount of chocolate chips you want included- you don’t have to go by the book here. I always prefer half of a bag, over a full.
- Try a lower temperature and/or shorter amount of baking time to begin with. And watch carefully. I prefer my chocolate chip cookies slightly undercooked- and I wish they had been less brown here.
- Try to use regular Oreos, NOT Double Stuf. There’s already a lot of cookie here.
Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 sticks or 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 oz bag chocolate chips
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars together with a mixer until well combined.Beat in eggs and vanilla (Note: I NEVER use an electric mixer, so didn’t feel the need to here- a fork will do for me!)
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, salt and baking soda. Slowly add to wet ingredients along with chocolate chips until just combined.
- Using a cookie scoop take one scoop of cookie dough and place on top of an Oreo cookie,take another scoop of dough and place on bottom of Oreo cookie. Seal edges together by pressing and cupping in hand until Oreo cookie is enclosed with dough.
- Place onto a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet,I’ll admit these cookies will expand pretty big so try not to put them too close together, and bake cookies 9-13 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.
Then..this is what happens!
If you have any questions about the recipe – tweet me here!