Good morning! After coming home from the gym the other morning, Fatima and I wanted something to eat that would not kill the workout we just came back from, and something other than oatmeal or a veggie-fruit shake.
We sifted through our site and landed on our Egg Stuffed Avocado and our Hummus and Guacamole Toast. So we tried to combine the two and came up with this Mexican Breakfast Muffin. Fatima is not a huge fan of guacamole – something about the texture. BUT, she ate both of her slices with it AND helped make the guacamole; I’m so proud of her.
Mexican Breakfast Muffin
Serves 4-half english muffins
- Two english muffins, halved
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp Mexican shredded cheese (or as much as you desire
- Slice english muffins in half, and toast how you like it. If you don’t have a toaster (like us) place in the oven on broil and toast.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare the Guacamole: Open and slice up the avocado. Mush together in a bowl until creamy. Add in tomatoes, red onion, salt, pepper, and lime juice and combine. Taste and add more juice or seasoning until desired taste.
- Spread the guacamole evenly across all four slices.
- Using a bowl or a cup with the same size base as an english muffin, nuke eggs (one at a time) in the microwave for 1 minute. I like my eggs runny, so I just nuked them as-is. Fatima likes scrambled, so I scrambled them in the bowl before nuking.
- Place each egg atop guacamole.
- Sprinkle as much cheese on top of the eggs as you desire.
- Place back in the oven and cook until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and enjoy warm!