St. Patrick’s Day is right around the corner! Having a bowl of Lucky Charms in the morning, brought me back to childhood. I forget how good they can be. Is it just me, or have the grain pieces grown on me? I don’t pick them out anymore. Who doesn’t love a good bowl of Lucky Charms once in a while? How about on your cupcakes? Here’s a quick an easy way to make a themed treat for your family and friends for St. Patrick’s Day. I saw this cute idea on Pinterest (via Easy Cupcakes). What’s great about these cupcakes is they’re really easy to make and budget friendly.
Lucky Charms Cupcakes
- Cake mix (boxed or homemade – and ingredients to make the batter)
- Frosting (canned or homemade)
- Food dye (green or yellow)
- Box of Lucky Charms
- Make your cupcakes – according to your directions on the box or your homemade recipe.
- Make your frosting and/or add food coloring to your frosting and stir.
- Frost! Be simple, you’ll be laying Lucky Charms on top so no need to be fancy!
- Separate out the marshmallows and then stick them on top of the frosted cupcakes.
If you don’t want to use canned frosting, make your own! Simple frosting recipe (passed down by my grandmother, but I’m sure it’s just a “basic” frosting recipe) is as follows:
- Combine 1/4 cup of softened butter and 2 cups of confectioners sugar in a bowl.
- Add a 1 tsp of vanilla and combine into the frosting. *You can substitute out the vanilla for lemon, lime, or other flavors.
- See it really is that easy!