Here’s a new way to make Lasagna. Make a near perfect (over?) portion by rolling it up, layering with cheese and baking. No need to cut into squares or make a mess. Easy to make, easy to cook, and you’ll be able to have your guest full in no time. For these lasagna rolls, we used the sweet pepper sauce we featured last week.
These were an accidental surprise. I placed 3 strips of lasagna pasta in a baking sheet and Fatima added the cheese. She started rolling up the lasagna and cheese, and I was like, “what are you doing?” And she looked at me and laughed. I said, “ehh, why not, let’s roll the rest of them up.” It’s just lasagna rolled up, nothing too special, but I thought it would be a fun idea to post…
- 16 oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1-2 cups spinach
- 6 lasagna pasta strips
- Sliced mozzarella cheese (1 per roll)
- Your favorite red sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill a large pot 3/4 full of water and place over high heat. Season with salt.
- Once it starts boiling, add lasagna pasta strips and cook until they’re done.
- Meanwhile, mix together ricotta cheese and spinach, and any other cheeses or flavors you want.
- Roll it up.
- Place in a baking pan, cover with red sauce, cheese and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven once the cheese starts bubble, and serve warm.