It was Hayden’s Birthday yesterday and I can’t believe he’s already nine years old! Today, I made him some delicious (they smelled delicious) homemade cookies – I know I’m such a good brother.
I saw this recipe on a towel in my neighbor’s kitchen with the heading “Healthy Dog Cookies” and decided to try them out. They are really simple to make and if didn’t know they were dog cookies, I would have been eating the dough myself.
Homemade Dog Cookies
- 1.5 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 3 tbps natural peanut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1.5 cup whole wheat flour
- 1.25 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix together water, eggs, safflower oil, peanut butter, and vanilla.
- Combine the flours, cornmeal, and oats.
- Roll out dough to 1/2 inch thick, use flour as needed when rolling out.
- Cut into dog-cookie shapes.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and leave in for 20 more minutes.