This post brought to you by UncommonGoods.
How is it February already?! Bye January! Now that we’re stuffed from the Super Bowl, we can start thinking about Valentine’s Day. As a kid, Valentine’s day felt like a mini Christmas. My family would get together for a nice dinner, exchanged gifts, and reminisced on fun, family adventures. Since Fatima and I started dating, we never celebrated Valentine’s Day because our anniversary is 2/13 (this year marks 6 years!). So, we just mashed these celebrations together. Now that we have a Wedding Anniversary, do we still celebrate the dating anniversary? No? Yes? What are your thoughts? Let us know!
This is our first Valentine’s Day as a married couple! So this year, we’re celebrating both days! We’ll most likely make a delicious dinner and dessert, an apartment full of fresh flowers, and exchange a gift (usually combined with two cards: an emotional and a funny one).
For Her: Fatima (from me)
Fatima loves thoughtful, useful gifts. Unique jewelry, most likely any bracelet or diamond is welcomed.
- What I Love About You By Me Book: Fatima would love this. It’s thoughtful and we can look back at my answers in a few years.
- Spongester: Fatima and I split our cooking pretty 50/50. We have a rule: if you don’t cook you clean. When I clean, I pack the dishwasher up to the max – the reason we got dishwasher safe pots and pans. However, Fatima is a mean cleaner. Can take a drop of soap and clean up after a Thanksgiving meal. This would be a cute gag-gift, but I can see this being put to good use, too!
- Glass Birthstone Necklace: Fatima loves her bracelets and necklaces. This necklace is beautiful, and the colors for September (and all of the months) are so vibrant. She would really love this.
For Him: Brian (from my wife)
Brian loves any gift he can pre-approve before you buy it. Those gifts are usually necessary, practical, and or relates to his love of chocolate, technology, and/or dogs.
- Dog Blue Prints: Brian says he does not love his black lab, Hayden, more than me but sometimes I question that. This is a cute homage to his love for labradors.
- Stainless Steel Shot Glass Set: Back in college, Brian had the nickname, “Tequila Brian” because he could put down more tequila than Jose Cuervo. Trust me, he earned it. These are sleek.
- Tube Wringer: Brian is wasteful with the toothpaste. Because he starts from the middle we lose out on the toothpaste at the end. This will help us save every drop from that tube.
For more UncommonGoods gift ideas, click here!