A lot of garlic will go a long way. It’s great to hear positive immediate feedback on your cooking. And not just from your family, but from random people. While I was making this garlic parmesan baked tilapia dish for dinner the other night, I heard many of our neighbors walking by our door saying, “That smells delicious!” One of our neighbors shouted a few floors down, “Hello, that smells delicious!”
Tilapia is a very easy fish to cook; it’s easy to prep, cooks fast, and can be very tasty. When thinking about how we wanted to make this, we thought about what we liked about our other chicken, seafood, and pizza dinners and we found a few things in common: garlic and parmesan. Warning, making this dish will make your neighbors to be extra nosey about your dinner plans.
We made this dish with homemade breadcrumbs. Have you ever made them? All you need is about 2 slices bread for this recipe, left out overnight. Once you’re ready to make this, thrown the dried slices into a blender and chop for a few cycles. It’s that easy!
Garlic Parmesan Baked Tilapia
- 4 tilapia filets
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, homemade or panko
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dried chives
- 3 pinches salt
- Additional Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spray with cooking spray, and lay down the tilapia.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Season the tilapia with salt and pepper.
- Combine breadcrumbs, melted butter, oregano, parmesan cheese, garlic, dried chives, and salt. Mix well.
- Press breadcrumbs onto the tilapia filets. They will seem loose at first, but press them firmly.
- Place them in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the tilapia flakes right off.
- Remove from the oven, let sit for 5 minutes, and serve.