Last year, we made these beautiful DIY Map Ornaments from the places we traveled and important places we’ve been. To continue that trend, we made a Universal Studios Map Ornament.
Why, you ask? We loved our adventure in Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure. We took a trip in September to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversary in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was so magical. Seriously. We felt like we were walking on the sets of the films.
Besides making sure the two Harry Potter parks were on the ornament, I wanted to capture all the attractions we made memories at:
One of the rides Fatima wanted to go on was the Jurassic Park River Adventure. I don’t think she quite knew the extent of the ride, but kept talking about the T-Rex. Taking a break from Harry Potter, we ventured over to Jurassic Park to cool off on the water ride.
DIY Universal Studios Map Ornament
- Glass ornament
- Paint Brush
- Mod Podge
- Maps from your favorite places
- Look at your maps and find areas that you want to cut out.
- Cut out small circular pieces of the areas you want on your ornament.
- Brush Mod Podge on the back of a piece of map you cut out.
- Place on the glass ornament and press down so it adheres to the ornament. Some pieces will crinkle and fold over – this is ok. The ornament is a sphere, this will happen.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until your ornament is complete.
- Once the ornament is dry, apply a thin coat of mod podge on the outside of the ornament to seal it up.
- Let dry overnight.
Another ride worth mentioning was The Mummy ride. As we headed towards the exit around park close, we ducked into The Mummy ride 2 minutes remaining. We weren’t quite sure what to expect, but it turned out to be a roller coaster! At first, it felt like all the other 3-D (minus the 3-D)/experience rides. Once the mummy came out of his tomb, the floor opened and we were on a roller coaster! Our expression: