DIY Minion Ornaments. ‘Nuff said.
These are pretty easy to make. I used glass ornaments and paint from Michaels, adhesive vinyl from Amazon, and ribbon to hang on the tree. The glass ornaments came in a pack of 6. They had plastic ones, but I like the look of the glass as they don’t have seams. When you put the paint in the ornament, you want to have a container that you can sit the ornament on top of to let the paint drip out. I used a shot glass to collect the paint.
- Glass craft ornaments
- Yellow and purple acrylic paint
- Adhesive vinyl (white, black, silver, purple)
- Purple and yellow ribbon
- Toilet paper tube, shot glass or other container
- Remove the metal tops and hooks from the glass ornaments.
- Drop paint in the ornaments and roll (do not shake) the ornaments around to let the paint cover the entire inside of the ornament.
- Once the inside of the ornament is covered, leave upside down over a shot glass to collect the paint.
- If needed repeat for an extra coat and reuse the paint in the shot glass.
- Let the ornaments dry for a few days.
- Using black vinyl, cut a thin, long piece. This is the band for the goggles and will go around the ornament. Apply about midway on the ornament.
- Cut 2 large silver circles for the goggles. The next two white circles should be just a little smaller than the silver ones. Apply the silver and then the white ones, just overlapping a little bit.
- Cut smaller black circles for eyes and a thin strip for a mouth.
- In addition to the above, for the purple minion, cut eye lids out of purple vinyl, and small rectangles for teeth.
- I bought yellow and purple ribbon to tie on the ornaments so they hang on the tree.