In the next few weeks, many college students will begin to prep for finals. Back in undergrad, I loved opening my mailbox to find a package slip. It would turn out to be a finals care package from my parents stuffed with all the essentials.
My parents would often send out a finals care package to my other cousins around the time of their finals, too. They would stuff these packages with all of my favorite things: M&Ms, granola bars, trail mix, gum, and a handwritten letter to get me through long hours in the library or the edit room. These packages were a god-send. By senior year, I came to depend on these care package to fuel me through projects and exams.
Fatima and I were reminiscing about finals week and all of the memories we shared with friends in the library. Our friend Stephanie would be able to snag a great spot in the back of the library with the prime desk space. Eight to ten of us would crowd around and camp out all week. We would rotate our seats as we would cycle in and out of our finals. It started off serious with everyone working and writing papers, and then turn into FaceTime video conferencing with the people sitting next to us. Slowly, the week would go on and the group would get smaller as our friends finished their finals.
We looked forward to the occasional breaks like the flash mob that started in the student center, walked over the unispan and ended up in the library. Finals week was filled with some great memories.
With just three weeks left in my MBA program, I am at the finish line of a long, three-year race. While we don’t have a traditional ‘finals week,’ these next few weeks will feel just like that since this is my last class. These few weeks will be dedicated to a major research project. Cue the stress eating.
We sat down and brainstormed what a combined finals week care package would look like today. It’s filled with all of the essentials anyone would want:
Finals Care Package
Next up, affiliate links.
- KitKat minis and M&Ms – feed into the stress eating with your favorite candy.
- Granola Bars – keeps you full and focused going into your exams and long hours in the library.
- Harvest Snaps Snapea Crisps – we had to be a little healthy with some of our snacky-snacks.
- Harry & David Moose Munch Popcorn – who doesn’t love Harry David’s Moose Munch?
- Highlighters and tabs – you can never have too much highlighting or tabs in your text books.
- Lavender essential oil – we couldn’t have candles in college. So add few drops in a tissue and breathe in. It will relax your nerves.
- Advil – coffee headaches, computer headaches, sleep deprivation headaches, etc. Get rid of these headaches fast!
- Starbucks giftcard – one can never have enough espresso during finals.
- Mini Patron bottle – for your of age students. Celebrate with a shot at the end of your last final!