Cucumbers are so refreshing. Pairing them with fish, like salmon, can make a great summer appetizer for your parties. Topping it off with a citrus-lime topping – BAM – you’re the master of party hosting.
The appetizer, yummy and healthy, might bring hesitation to your guests. Salmon on cucumber? How can that be hearty? It might not be hearty, but cucumber salmon will appease your health-conscious guests.
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 -3 ounces of thinly sliced smoked salmon, or an oven baked salmon filet
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice or lime
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Cayenne or roasted garlic pepper
- Cut 18-20 rounds from the cucumber (about 1/4 inch thick).
- Top each round with a thin slice of salmon cut to fit. Drizzle a little lemon or lime juice over the salmon, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cream together avocado, sour cream, 1 teaspoon of lime juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne or roasted garlic pepper smooth and blended.
- Garnish each cucumber slice with a dollop of avocado cream.
- Keep the cucumber salmon chilled in a fridge until it’s time to serve.
- Enjoy your cucumber salmon!