These aren’t SpongeBob’s krabby patties. These are 100% delicious crab cakes from the bottom of the sea. My mom and I were in a mood for some good seafood. She loves crab cakes, but has not had any luck with recipes she’s come across.
If you’re looking for some good southern comfort food, you can always count on Paula Deen to provide a delicious recipe. We searched the net to see if she made crab cakes, found a recipe, and did a little bit of modifications…
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1/3 cup crushed crackers
- 3 scallions (green and white parts), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- Citrus Avocado Dipping Sauce (2 Broke to Recommend)
- Mix all ingredients, except for the flour and peanut oil, in a bowl. You might need a medium or large one.. Be sure to mix and mash everything together until well blended. Using your hands is probably best.
- Shape into palm-sized patties and dust with flour. We were able to make 15+ patties!
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. It’s important to wait until the oil is hot before placing crab cakes into the pan. Our first victims did not cook as fast.
- Once hot, carefully place crab cakes in the pan and fry until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Our heat was on low for the 1st batch, so they took us 10 minutes on each side to cook.
- Carefully flip crab cakes and fry on other side until you match the golden brownness of the other side.
- It’s good to have your dip already made and in the fridge because you want to serve these warm!