Who doesn’t love pretzels, chocolate, peanut butter cups, or Oreos? How about a combination of everything? Chocolate covered pretzels are an easy snack you could whip up in 20 minutes for your friends and significant others this weekend. You just need pretzels, chocolate, and your favorite toppings.
My wife’s favorite flavor is vanilla – surprise, surprise 😉 and she loves anything made with white chocolate and cookies & cream. So naturally, she loves Oreos. I, on the other hand, love peanut butter cups. The one thing we both agree on are pretzels – they offer the crunch and saltiness you’re looking for.
When making these chocolate covered pretzels, you can use any topping you or your friends love. We used crushed Oreos and crumbled peanut butter cups. In addition to the pretzel nuggets, we also bought those delicious, peanut butter filled pretzels to cover in chocolate. I mean, anything “covered in chocolate” is acceptable…
Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- 70 pretzel nuggets = 1 cereal bowl (as shown in photos) – mix of anything you want
- Candiquik melting chocolate
- 4 Oreos, crushed finely
- 3 peanut butter cups, chopped finely
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Other toppings you want to use
- For the Candiquik chocolate, follow the directions for melting. We used the oven, and preheated it to 250 degrees and placed the chocolate (still in its microwavable tray) in the oven for about 15 mins. Once it came out, we stirred the chocolate until it was all smooth.
- Place wax or parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Dip a pretzel into the chocolate about 3/4 of the way, remove, and shake off excess chocolate.
- Over a small dish, sprinkle toppings over the chocolate covered pretzel. You can push toppings onto them as well.
- Place on the cookie sheets and move on to the next pretzel.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until your pretzels are done.
- The chocolate will harden relatively fast, but you can place the cookie sheet into the fridge to speed up the process.