Au Revoir 2016! As much as this year turned out to be a suckfest for the world, 2016 was pretty good to us: we traveled to London, moved into our new apartment, welcomed two nephews, celebrated 2 years of marriage, the Toys for Tots event raised over 5,000 toys, and I graduated with my MBA! Celebrate the good times of 2016 and welcome the fresh, new year with these champagne margarita jello shots!
In college, we made jello shots in those small ketchup containers (the ones you pump your condiments into at fast food places). They fit perfectly in Fatima’s bag and made a great, on-the-go pre-game snack. But these jello shots bring a little class to your post-grad life. Top them off with some shiny sugar crystals for a little sparkle.
Midnight is right around the corner, but these champagne margarita jello shots will only take 2 hours to set, so get cooking! Pair these jello shots with our champagne margaritas. Now that’s classy!
Champagne Margarita Jello Shots
- 1 1/4 cups + 1/4 cup champagne (divided)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 3 packets of gelatin
- 1/4 cup tequila
- Sugar crystals for decoration
- Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium pot, combine 1 1/4 cups champagne, lime juice and sugar.
- Open the gelatin packets and add to the mixture.
- Let sit for about 2 minutes as the gelatin softens.
- Begin to stir and heat the mixture over low heat. Stir for about 3 minutes until gelatin has dissolved and remove from heat.
- Stir in the remaining 1/4 cup of champagne and tequila.
- Pour mixture into the loaf pan and chill for 2 hours, or until the mixture is firm.
- Over a cutting board, turn the pan over onto parchment paper and slice into squares.
- Sprinkle sugar crystals over the squares and chill until ready to serve.