Colors of the world. Spice up your life. Every boy and every girl. Spice up your life. People of the world. Spice up your…HUMMUS!
When I made that really easy “1, 2, 3” hummus last week, I thought I should try adding in buffalo sauce. I mean, why not?
I switched up a few of the ingredients from the recipe I posted last week. I didn’t have lemon, so I tried lime, and I thought the flavors would go really well together. I noted the changes I made from the original recipe below. I ended up adding in 3 tablespoons of buffalo sauce overall. I would recommend adding in a tablespoon at a time. This way you will be able to control the level of spiciness.
Buffalo Spiced Hummus
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 can (15 oz) chick peas, drained
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup lemon juice (I used 1/4 cup Lime Juice)
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 3 tbsp buffalo sauce (add 1tbsp at a time for desired spiciness)
- Combine garlic, chick peas, tahini, lemon (or lime) juice, basil, and a tablespoon of buffalo sauce in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Add additional tablespoons of buffalo sauce if desired.
- Move to a bowl and keep refrigerated.