Who doesn’t love some good ol’ buffalo chicken pizza?
- Pizza Dough (Prepare beforehand: 1/2 cup of milk, 1 tsp yeast, 1 cup of flour – let sit for 4-5 hours)
- Mozzarella Cheese (2-4 cups)
- Frank’s Buffalo Sauce (only the best!)
- Chicken Breasts or strips
- Crumbled bleu cheese
- Make the dough first. Let it sit to rise.
- 4-5 hours later…Preheat your oven to 550 degrees or the highest it can go (mine at home in CT goes that high, but the one in my apartment only gets to 450).
- Roll out the dough, so that it is thin. This is a flatbread recipe, so the dough will be thicker and bread-like.
- Place rolled dough on the rack (refer to this recipe for more info)
- Bake until it’s slightly golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven.
- Cook the chicken and cut up into small squares or strips, or buy pre-cooked chicken strips.
- Pour a 1/2 cup to a cup of Frank’s Buffalo sauce into a bowl and mix in the chicken until evenly covered.
- Put a layer of cheese down on the flatbread.
- Place chicken down over cheese.
- Add more cheese and crumbled bleu cheese to the top. Don’t be afraid to really lay it on there because the cheese will melt and get thinner.
Place in the oven (at 350 degrees). The beauty is that everything is already cooked. So in the 10-15 mins it will take to cook, you’re going to be looking for:
- Melted cheese
- Browner crust
Or something like this…
Cut up immediately (remember it’s hot) and serve!