Buffalo sauce on anything is amazing and I found another great way to use it in one of my dishes. While browsing Pinterest I stumbled across these buffalo chicken lettuce wraps.
This recipe is a great alternative to a buffalo chicken wrap using regular flour tortilla. Using the lettuce will cut the calories and it will still taste delicious. What is also so wonderful about this recipe, is you can use it as an appetizer or a main meal.
Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1 pound of chicken
- ½ cup of buffalo sauce (your favorite brand)
- ½ cup of ranch dressing
- 1 ½ cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Avocado
- ½ tomato
- ½ cup Quinoa
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- In a bowl pour the buffalo sauce on top and evenly coat the chicken.
- Cover the bowl with foil or plastic wrap and let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl place the panko break crumbs inside.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Dip the chicken into the bread crumbs then place onto cookie sheet. Be sure to coat the chicken even with the breadcrumbs.
- Let the chicken bake for 15 minutes then flip and bake on the other side for 15 minutes, for a total cook time of 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking you can chop the avocado, green onion and tomatoes into cubes and cook quinoa using the direction on the label.
- We needed a sauce, so Brian mixed the ranch dressing with a couple of drops of buffalo sauce until it created a pinkish tint. This ranch-buffalo sauce was amazing!
- Once chicken is cooked you can began to assemble your lettuce wraps. Place quinoa on the lettuce then chicken, avocado, tomato green onion and blue cheese mixture.