When ‘breakfast for dinner’ gets boring try making Breakfast Pizza. Fatima taught me how to make this, I’ve never heard of it! We made this for my family a few weeks ago, and they loved it. This wasn’t too hard to make. You can use pizza dough, make your own, or use a canned dough.
To save on time, we chose to use Pillsbury canned pizza dough. I never knew they made canned (as in the same cans of cinnamon rolls) pizza dough, but apparently they do! Unfortunately, it’s little too chewy for my taste, but for a “breakfast pizza” it worked. The potatoes are the only other things that take time to cook, so if you’re looking to start with something, start with that!
- 8 eggs per pie
- Pillsbury pizza dough
- 1 potato per pizza
- 1-2 cups of mozzarella cheese per pizza
- 5 slices of turkey bacon per pizza
- Pepper to taste (we’re not recommending salt due to the cheese and bacon)
- Bake your dough, following the instructions on the can.
- While the dough is baking, prepare the rest of the dish.
- Cook and chop up your bacon, make scrambled eggs (8 per pizza), dice and cook potatoes.
- Take out your pizza dough and lay down all of the eggs on the surface. Add a layer of mozzarella, potato chunks, and bacon. Add a second layer of cheese on the top.
- Place the pie back in the oven and cook until cheese is melted and slightly golden brown.
- Serve warm!