Love me some BBQ…maybe it’s just a summer thing, but I love a good grillin’ with some good BBQ sauce. I recently found a great sauce to use by Sweet Baby Ray’s, “Sweet Vidalia Onion.” Tangy…just how I like it. While experimenting with pizza making, we decided to try some good old fashioned BBQ Chicken.
To make our chicken, we like to poach it. That way, it makes it easy to shred. Once you start to mix together your chicken, BBQ sauce, and onion, add BBQ sauce a little at a time until your desired consistency. You want enough to be moist, but not too much that your pizza is dredged and soggy because of the BBQ sauce. Any BBQ sauce will work – so use your favorite!
BBQ Chicken Pizza
- BBQ Sauce
- Chicken (shredded)
- 2-3 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Red onions, chopped
- Pizza dough
- Cook and shred the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (or follow directions if using store-bought dough).
- Combine BBQ sauce, chicken, and chopped onions in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Roll dough into a cookie sheet.
- Spread out a thin layer of mozzarella cheese on the dough.
- Spread out chicken-BBQ mixture over the cheese.
- Cover generously with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until edges of the pizza dough are golden brown.
- Remove and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.