This tasty, bacon stuffed chicken is a delicious and unique dinner to make for your guests during the holidays. One bite of this, and we were mesmerized by the tastes exploding on our tongues. It was delicious. So delicious, that we neglected the mashed potatoes and snow peas we made as sides.
- 4 chicken Breasts, thick or thin
- 8 egg roll sheets
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3 slices of turkey bacon
- 1/4 cup shredded cilantro
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheese (I used a four-cheese mexican blend)
- 1 large egg
- Pepper & salt
- Set your oven to 400 degrees (F).
- Take your cream cheese out of the fridge and let sit to get to room temperature.
- Cook your bacon.
- Slice and dice your cilantro, onion, and bacon.
- Thoroughly combine cilantro, bacon, onion, shredded cheese, and cream cheese in a bowl.
- With each raw chicken breast, cut half way through the chicken so you have a little pocket. Salt and Pepper each side of the chicken.
- Stuff your chicken with the cream cheese mixture.
- Whisk your egg.
- Lay 2 egg roll sheets next to each letting them overlay just a little. Paint the seams with the whisked egg.
- Lay the chicken in the middle of the egg roll sheets, and fold in the dough so it’s wrapped up in a pocket.
- The egg will act as the glue to hold the seams together. Refer to the pictures, or our shrimp spring rolls for more examples.
- Place on a tin foil lined cookie sheet and cook for 30-35 minutes.
We had extra chicken, so I rolled up chicken around the bacon cream cheese stuffing, topped the with mayonaise and bread crumbs and cooked with the rest of the chicken.